What Should You Be Doing?
The following are some of the best choices for those who want free or low cost options that are still fun to do. Check out some of these ideas.
· Central Park is one of the best locations to visit hands down. The park always has something going on and just playing in it is fun enough.
· The Staten Island Ferry is another great experience. It is not the most elegant of transportation modes, but it offers free and incredible views of the Statue of Liberty, Lower Manhattan, the New York Harbor and Ellis Island.
· Step back in time when you enter Grand Central Terminal. It's beautiful and functional, of course, but the historical elements of this location should not be missed. Just walk around.
· Talk a walking tour of one of the city's larger neighborhoods. You can find free, guided tours available.
· Visit one of the museums during a day when they offer free or pay what you want admission.
There is plenty to see in NYC without paying a lot to do it. Now's the perfect time for you to do just that.